Thursday, March 11, 2010

Second



Next up was a sweater I liked that was a Berroco pattern I saw at my local knitting shop. It was labeled an 'easy' pattern, while still having some interesting ribbing on the bottom. So much for 'easy', I must've started the thing 10 times before I could master the pattern. What I learned: do not be afraid of unravelling what you've done to try again to make the thing better or right. The sweater came out pretty good, but I really had to work to finish the neckline with single crochet--I am NOT a crocheter! And I had to block the sleeves pretty heavily--since when does a size 2X pattern have the same number of stitches at the sleeve bottom as a size S ?!?! More I learned: watch for instructions that you need to alter to make a better fit. Trust your gut on this. USE the damn tape measure. The sweater was made from Berroco Blackstone Tweed in a great cabernet color called Plum Island. The yarn was so nice, I then got hooked on other things in the pattern book...

No comments:

Post a Comment