Friday, March 12, 2010

Hats & Hats & Hats




Next from the Berroco pattern book was a spiffy-looking hat in the Blackstone Tweed. I had sweater yarn left over in the Plum Island, so I knitted a hat. Took a while again to master the pattern, but once I did, things went well. So well, that I decided I wanted a light gray one. So I gave the Plum one to my neighbor, and I made myself the gray one in Wintery Mix. It came out really good. So good, in fact, my teenage daughter told me she liked it and wanted one. She couldn't decide on the color, so I bought enough yarn in each of the two browns colors. She chose Ancient Mariner, so I made her hat. Having the two extra balls of Limerick, I proceeded to make hat #4. I love these hats! I may make more next winter! And with leftovers from all of the colors, I made a nice scarf that used the same pattern stitch as on the hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment