Monday, May 31, 2010

Awesome Summer Sweater!




This is just about my favorite sweater I've knit so far! It's knit in Berroco Bonsai Colors, which is a bamboo yarn, and the color is called Bora Bora. I had begun a different shrug-type of sweater with this yarn, but I realized that after I'd gotten a good third of it completed, it wasn't a style that would look very good on me. So there I go, unraveling things again. This pattern was in the same book as the shrug, so I thought this might work for the yarn I had. I was concerned that when I had knit this multi-colored yarn, the color banding would be unflattering on me. But I persevered, and when I had the back done, I kept flapping it on me to help me decide if I should proceed. I decided it would probably work, thought not 100% certain. I finished this sweater up just yesterday (day before Memorial Day 2010), and WOW! It's a perfect fit, and it looks great on me. What more could I ask for? And I do love working with bamboo yarn, it's so very soft and the drape on this yearn is pretty incredible. Now on to my next bamboo project...

No comments:

Post a Comment